On Friday 31st January, 2020, PIC held the Preliminary Seminar for Joint Public Private Economic Mission to Fiji and offered an opportunity for 30 participants from Japanese companies to deepen their understandings about Fiji, such as overview of the country and the environment of trade and investment.
The seminar ended successfully along the program below, with greetings and lectures by experts in various fields that provided in-depth insights to the participants.
Date： 31 January, 2020 14：00‐16：00
Host： International Institution Pacific Islands Centre
Ven ： 4F, Meeting Room, Shikon-Kan, Meiji University
Greetings & Lectures：
- Greeting by Ambassador Omura, Embassy of Japan in Republic of Fiji
- Greeting by First Secretary Ms. Farisha Ali, Embassy of the Republic of Fiji in Tokyo
- Explanation about mission schedule followed by Q&A session.PIC
- Lecture about overview of Fiji by Lecturer Mr. Takehiro Kurosaki of Tokai University
- Lecture about financing of private enterprise by International Finance Corporation
- Explanation about overseas development scheme of private enterprise by JICA
Joint Public Private Economic Mission to Fiji is scheduled on 26th and 27th February,2020 in Suva.